One of the things I've come to appreciate about the Dutch is a sly, frontal humor that is obvious once you see it, but easy to overlook.
Herewith, a few examples, popping up around the plant in the waning days of the company:
By explanation (Top left to lower right, as if reading):
- The company motto, originally with a timeline cut in half, now extended by ten (with a really exceptional research result appended).
- The executive who delivered the announcement is made the target for the annual cherry-pit spitting contest (Kersenpitverspuuwwedstrijd, never to be found on the Dutch Word of the Day).
- A bit of venting 'From the Board" on the hallway bulletin board.
- The last 'Hup for Holland
- Product line evolution
- Of course, Dilbert, even here, amidst the news articles
- And, could the last person out please erase the boards (and vacuum the floors...)