Yesterday was hot and lazy in town, a rare sunny Koopzondag. ‘lots of people strolling, watching others strolling, but mostly a day to…
1) Gather around musicians in the old center, playing classical quartets on unusual instruments.
2) Join 100 of your closest friends for a catered lunch that stretched from one plein to another, the full length of the street.
3) Sit under a tree enjoying drinks and music at a picnic.
4) Turn up the air conditioning at the local red-light house.
5) Try to make paella, having mastered risotto. ‘and I got socarrat!
And, enjoy the slow onset of twilight…